Interactive email advent calendar
Immerse yourself in REWE’s interactive email advent calendar, realised with the expertise of mailix. An initiative that demonstrably increases engagement rates and opens up a new dimension of customer loyalty through daily innovation, intuitive operation and direct customer interaction. This clever email concept enriches the Christmas season for customers and the brand alike.
REWE commissioned mailix to design and implement an interactive email advent calendar to intensify brand loyalty and strengthen the newsletter channel. The calendar was accessible exclusively to newsletter subscribers and was designed to both activate existing subscribers and encourage new registrations. The goal was to get customers in the mood for the upcoming Christmas season and to create the basis for long-term customer loyalty through increased interaction with the advent calendar.
The challenge was to create an advent calendar that would generate daily interest and encourage customers to actively participate. Participation also had to be seamless and easy to minimise barriers to interaction and maximise the user experience.
Other features have been introduced: Reminder emails, calendar storage and a customisable widget to personalise the user experience and maximise convenience. These measures led to a significant increase in daily interaction with the advent calendar, which was reflected in the impressive KPIs and illustrated the success of the campaign. User engagement was impressive. Incentives in the form of attractive prizes for participants also played a key role in driving enthusiasm and participation.
KPIs / Benefits
- Registrations for the advent calendar: Over 200% of the target set
- 55% of all participants activated the daily advent calendar reminder
- One-off participation: almost 12% of all recipients
- 20% of participants have taken part in over 20 competition days
- Average attendance per participant: 9.8 (compared to an expected average of 5-6)
- The highest participation rates were even recorded on Sundays, when the Payback newsletter was sent out with the Advent calendar widget. This impressively underlines how successful the transition from Payback to REWE newsletter content was.